"hmm...when my sister-in-law took a 6 week break from blogging, she was pregnant."
Nope...I am not pregnant.
So why the 6 week blogging hiatus, you might ask?
- 13 visitors, 23 days playing host in the big city
- 3 beach trips to 3 different beaches & even an island! (can we say beach=paradise??)
- 1 weekend getaway to Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, & West Virigina complete with amusement parks, a Victorian B&B, exploring small towns, and camping in the beautiful national park at Camp David (Kyle surprised me for my birthday and even packed my bags!)
- playing the "cheerleader wife" role at Kyle's weekly soccer games
- 2 goodbye parties for some wonderful friends leaving the city
- a night at the Yankees vs. Mariners game with friends
- 2 completely amazing outdoor concerts in lovely Central Park (featuring the Met Opera, the Philharmonic Orchestra, & the Shanghai Orchestra)
- more than a half dozen picnics in the park
- Ellis Island day trip to see the Red Bull Air Races
- countless bike rides
- a weekend camping trip with friends...hammocks...tin foil dinners...s'mores...lakes to swim in...
- my first ever race in Central Park the "Corporate Challenge" where I ran alongside 24,999 other people
- booking tickets for our 17 day escape to Europe & planning all the "must sees" in London, France, Switzerland, Greece, Venice, & Rome, which just happens to be less than 5 weeks away!
- and now I am taking off to camp outside of Central Park with Kyle ALL NIGHT LONG to get tickets to see The Merchant of Venice at Shakespeare in the Park!
I am not promisin' anythere here...but just maybe I might.
So there you have it? Good enough excuse for my lack of blogging? Maybe not. But it has been one wild and crazy summer that is for sure!